Dermatologist Dr. Sandra Lee says fall weather means not only switching out the clothes in your closet, but also changing your beauty regime.
“As the climates get cooler, we turn the heaters on in our house. It dries up our skin,” she says. “We need more moisture.”
Hydrate your skin with an at-home moisturizing facial.
• 1 1/2 cups coconut oil, warmed to more than 76 degrees so it becomes a liquid and not a solid
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon finely ground sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon finely grated green apple
1. Mix the ingredients.
2. Cool the mixture to below 76 degrees.
3. Let it solidify to a lard-like consistency, which you can spread easily on your face when you warm it with your fingers.