As we all must be travelling for a nice vacation so I liked to share some tips on packing.
- When packing, don’t think, “Will I use this?” Think, “Will I use this enough to justify lugging it around everywhere I go?” When in doubt, leave it out!
- Don’t take anything you can’t afford to lose.
- Veteran backpacker Rick Steves offers the following rule of thumb: When packing, lay out everything you think you need. Then take half the stuff and twice the cash.
- Travel isn’t all glamour. Sometimes it can be quite dull, so bring a deck of cards, something to read, or something else to help kill time.
- Bring clothing that is multi-purpose and can be mixed and matched and used over and over again.
- Be prepared to dress appropriately. Some holy places may require you to have your head or shoulders covered or won’t allow you to wear shorts.
- Select quick drying, drip-dry materials (e.g., not jeans) and remember that dark clothes hide dirt better.
- Pack in advance and carry your pack for extended periods of time before you go. It will inspire you to eliminate the excess. Better to find out now rather than later!
- You can’t plan for everything, and you can always borrow or buy what you might have forgotten.