Sharp tailoring in classic black and white shows you mean business, while feminine accessories remind people that you aren’t a member of the boy’s club.
1. The Row Canton Blazer, $1,754; mytheresa.com
2. Tory Burch McCoy Earrings, $78; cusp.com
3. Etro Cropped Stretch-Cotton Pants, $410; net-a-porter.com
4. Equipment Mina Cotton Poplin Blouse, $158; forwardward.com
5. Fendi Peakaboo Tote, $2,866.22; farfetch.com
6. Crislu Micro Pavé Hemisphere Stacking Ring, $400; bloomingdales.com
7. Kate Spade New York Lolli Pumps, $328; nordstrom.com
When a 9-to-5 includes mingling with chic clients, it’s important to look professional, but trendy. Pick one boldly printed piece and anchor it with more muted accessories.
1. Chloé Cutout Silk Crepe de Chine Top, $725; net-a-porter.com
2. Venessa Arizaga Caught in a Haze Necklace, $550; venessaarizaga.com
3. Alexander Wang Small Emile Bag, $895; alexanderwang.com
4. Erdem Floral Print Silk-Crepe Pencil Skirt, $1,140; net-a-porter.com
5. Burberry Prorsum Chatsworth Platform Wedges, $640; mytheresa.com
6. Eddie Borgo Lock Nut Cuff, $425; eddieborgo.com
For a profession that requires constantly being on your feet, comfort is key. Cropped pants will help you stay cool in the kitchen, and flats are a no-brainer (especially a pair with sneaker technology). Add some spice with a pair of sparkling studs.
1. Rebecca Taylor Crepe Tee, $235; rebeccataylor.com
2. Kate Spade New York Estate Garden Studs, $58; katespade.com
3. Pia Mita Brigitte Pants, $285; otteny.com
4. CC Skye The Onie Messenger Bag, $600; shopbop.com
5. Cole Haan LunaGrand Wingtip Oxfords, $198; colehaan.com
Various prints and fabrics are sure to inspire, while two bags ensure that sketchbook, iPad, and personal pieces stay organized.
1. Theory Lanai Blazer, $375; theory.com
2. J.Crew Café Capri in Silk Foulard, $188; jcrew.com
3. Jennifer Fisher Bandaid Ring, $1900; jenniferfisherjewelry.com
4. IRO Faded Denim and Leather Travis Blouse, $375; ssense.com
5. Opening Ceremony OCLA Small Satchel Bag, $550; openingceremony.com
6. Marni Printed Leather and Vinyl Tote, $350; net-a-porter.com
7. Marc by Marc Jacobs Brown Leather Strap Watch, $200; bloomingdales.com
8. Tabitha Simmons Alexa Bicolor Patent Leather Flats, $795; saks.com
Build your own suit out of polished separates for a style that’s fresh, but still serious enough for the courtroom. Pass on loud accessories, opting for souped up basics like double-strap Mary Janes and rose gold earrings.
1. Hugo Open Blue Abea Blazer, $445; stylebop.com
2. Zara Houndstooth Trousers, $79.90; zara.com
3. Boy. by Band of Outsiders Cotton Poplin Shirt, $350; net-a-porter.com
4. Vita Fede Ring Spliced Futturo Ring, $265; intermix.com
5. Forzieri Shibuya Glass Pearl and Bronze Earrings, $169; forzieri.com
6. Tod’s D-Styling Medium Shopper Tote, $1,402; mytheresa.com
7. KORS Michael Kors Abalena Double-Strap Pump, $265; neimanmarcus.com
When you own a shop, you’re your own best billboard. Make sure potential customers notice you in a bold dress, killer heels, and perfect accessories.
1. Helmut Lang Cropped Jacket, $1,133.32; farfetch.com
2. Fallon Classique Silver Microspike Biker Choker, $225; fallonjewelry.com
3. Christopher Kane Silk Print Dress, $1,305; mytheresa.com
4. Burberry Blaze Bag in Duchess Satin and Leather, $1,305; burberry.com
5. Charlotte Olympia Dolly Canvas and Leather Platform Pumps, $825; net-a-porter.com